Duke the Dog Crochet Amigurumi Pattern| Add a Review
What You Get
Duke is cuddly and soft with a round belly and adorable tongue hanging out. :-)
He measures about 13 inches tall when completed with a worsted weight yarn.
This is a digital pattern delivered instantly by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
Supplies you'll need. . .
- crochet hook (size determined by yarn)
- two colors of worsted weight yarn - less than a skein of each. The sample uses Caron Simply Soft Tweeds in Off-White for the dog body, and a tiny bit of baby pink for the tongue.
- one pair of 12 mm black craft eyes
- 18 mm black triangle nose
- polyester stuffing
- tapestry needle
- locking stitch markers (to count stitches and rounds)
Duke is a beginner level pattern, but it does use a couple of skills that are best tackled if you've already made one or two amigurumi.
These are the skills you'll need. . .
- single crochet
- attaching limbs and other parts
- crocheting standing legs
The trickiest part is the rounded belly and shaped feet. It's not hard - but you have to count a lot of stitches in those sections which means you can't do it on autopilot. :-)
Don't worry - the PDF pattern has links to videos teaching you all the skills you'll need! And it contains progress photos of all the important steps, so you won’t get lost. :-)