Eggheads - Monster softie pattern| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
Meet the Eggheads! This pattern is for an easy-to-make softie with three variations.
Hugh (the shaggy gray one) is ever-so-slightly insane.
Eugene (the furry blue one) is special. His entire belly is one big pocket - perfect for gobbling up small toys and hiding secret treasures. You won't believe how easy it is to make that pocket!
Cedric (the green one) is a gentle soul who wouldn't hurt a flea. Not that he has fleas, of course. :-) He's made of soft polar fleece - easy to find, delightful to work with, and lovely to cuddle. Cedric is especially proud of his back ridges, so he asked me to drop in another photo showing them too. Cedric thinks they make him look kind of tough. :-)
With one pattern you can make a whole horde of monsters. After you make the basic guys you can play mad scientist and start rearranging the parts. Add Cedric's back ridges to Hugh. Add Hugh's horns to Eugene. Add Eugene's pocket belly to Cedric. I'm sure there's a limit to the number of combinations possible, but I don't remember how to do that kind of math. :-)
You Get. . .
- full-sized pattern pieces – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to make your own set on monsters – from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole. You can totally do this! It’s a workshop in a pattern!
He's about 9 1/2 inches tall - an excellent size for hugging.
Easy! No special skills needed. If you can use your sewing machine, you can make these monsters.
What You Need
You'll Need. . .
- 3/8 yard fabric for the body
- scraps of fabric for eyes, horns, hands, etc.
- buttons, safety eyes or embroidery thread
- stuffing (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
- plastic pellets (I use Fairfield Poly Pellets)