Eggheads - Monster softie pattern
Meet the Eggheads! This pattern is for an easy-to-make softie with three variations.
Hugh (the shaggy gray one) is ever-so-slightly insane.
Eugene (the furry blue one) is special. His entire belly is one big pocket - perfect for gobbling up small toys and hiding secret treasures. You won't believe how easy it is to make that pocket!
Cedric (the green one) is a gentle soul who wouldn't hurt a flea. Not that he has fleas, of course. :-) He's made of soft polar fleece - easy to find, delightful to work with, and lovely to cuddle. Cedric is especially proud of his back ridges, so he asked me to drop in another photo showing them too. Cedric thinks they make him look kind of tough. :-)
With one pattern you can make a whole horde of monsters. After you make the basic guys you can play mad scientist and start rearranging the parts. Add Cedric's back ridges to Hugh. Add Hugh's horns to Eugene. Add Eugene's pocket belly to Cedric. I'm sure there's a limit to the number of combinations possible, but I don't remember how to do that kind of math. :-)
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting! If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
You Get. . .
- A digital PDF file delivered instantly by email. If you're not sure what that is, there's more info here.
- full-sized pattern pieces – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to make your own set of monsters – from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole. You can totally do this! It’s a workshop in a pattern!
He's about 9 1/2 inches tall - an excellent size for hugging.
Easy! No special skills needed. If you can use your sewing machine, you can make these monsters.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll Need. . .
- 3/8 yard fabric for the body
- scraps of fabric for eyes, horns, hands, etc.
- buttons, safety eyes or embroidery thread
- stuffing (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
- plastic pellets (I use Fairfield Poly Pellets)
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make stuffed animals which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to machine embroider the faces, or die cut the fabric pieces for you, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org