Ellie the Elephant Crochet Amigurumi Pattern| Add a Review
What You Get
Ellie is a cute little elephant with a very perky trunk. She wants to play!
She measures about 6 1/2 inches tall when completed with a worsted weight yarn.
This is a digital pattern delivered instantly by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
Supplies you'll need. . .
- crochet hook (size determined by yarn)
- one color of worsted weight yarn - less than a skein. The sample uses grey.
- one pair of 12 mm black craft eyes
- polyester stuffing
- tapestry needle
- locking stitch markers (to count stitches and rounds)
Ellie is an intermediate level pattern, best tackled if you've already made one or two amigurumi. Her construction is mostly very basic, but there's a little fancier shaping to get the trunk to curve. It's pretty easy - and there's a video showing how - but it's likely to be a new skill for most stitchers.
These are the skills you'll need. . .
- single crochet
- attaching limbs and other parts
- crocheting one stitch below
Don't worry - the PDF pattern has links to videos teaching you all the skills you'll need! And it contains progress photos of all the important steps so you won’t get lost. :-)