Elliott the Elephant Pattern
What you get+-
Meet Elliott! He's cute and cuddly with big, soft ears and long, flexible arms and legs that are easy to make and so much fun to play with. :-)
Look at this gorgeous grey version that Dee made.
I love the added bow tie! (There's a free pattern for that here.)
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- full-sized pattern pieces – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to make your own squishy elephant – from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole. You can totally do this! It’s a workshop in a pattern!
He's about 13 inches tall when sitting - not counting his legs or his super tall ears. His arms and legs are about 7 inches long. That's long enough to hug a friend. :-)
There's nothing tricky on this one - just cuddly cuteness. :-) If you can use your sewing machine, you can make him.
What You Need+-
You'll Need. . .
- 1/2 yd. purple fleece fabric (I love using Cuddle Fleece)
- scraps of contrasting fabric for his ear linings (optional)
- 2 9mm safety eyes
- plastic pellets for filling (I like Fairfield Poly Pellets)
- polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
- sewing machine, thread, basic sewing and embroidery tools
You might also want. . .
- small piece of Soft & Stable if you want his ears to stand out instead of being floppy
Really easy pattern easy to follow instructions . Had to put the head on twice because I put the arms in the wrong place . Be sure to mark the front and back of both the body and the head, put them together with pins and check the arm placement. Then sew the head to the body. Made for the local kids hospital