Freddie the Tiny Teddy Bear
Meet Freddie! He's a tiny doll-sized teddy bear - perfect for snuggling up with any of the Dress Up Bunch dolls.
Freddie is all hand-sewn. That makes him a perfect little project for carrying around in your purse so you can do a little stitching anywhere you need to wait: dentist office, scout meetings, soccer practice - you know what I'm talking about. :-)
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting! If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
You Get. . .
- A digital PDF pattern delivered by email. If you're not sure what that means, you can find more info here.
- A full-sized pattern – no enlarging needed
- Detailed instructions with lots and lots of step-by-step photos - you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right
- Links to videos teaching you every skill you’ll need to make your own tiny teddy
He's about 5 inches tall, an excellent size for hugging - if you're a doll. :-) Look how cute he is in the photos, snuggled up with his doll and softie friends! He's a good size for American Girl dolls too. He'd also make a nice Christmas tree ornament or gift topper - just add a hanging loop.
Easy! You're going to love this one! Freddie uses just two super simple stitches to make - whipstitch and backstitch. Those stitches are so easy I teach them to kids as young as six. Seriously - cutting the pieces out is harder than sewing this guy up. You can do it! :-)
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll need. . .
- 1/2 sheet wool felt for the body (I used Tahitian Sunset)
- scraps of wool felt for the nose and belly (I used Black and Copper)
- black embroidery thread for the face
- matching embroidery thread for the felt
- polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional - but I love being able to skip the tedious tracing)
- embroidery needle
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make softies which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to die cut all the felt pieces for you, or want to manufacture kits for this design, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org