Greedy Seagulls - Mix & Match Applique Quilt Pattern
Meet the Greedy Seagulls!
Unleash your creativity and get ready to play with the Greedy Seagulls applique pattern! The pattern includes an assortment of templates for blocks that zoom in on seagull faces and blocks that zoom out to see the whole body, plus assorted waves, fish, rocks, pilings, and even a jaunty bandana. The possibilities are endless. Mix and match these components to create the silliest and most adorable seagulls ever seen.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper or fusible adhesive sheets. No shipping costs and no waiting!
With detailed instructions, step by step photos, and video tutorials, this versatile pattern is easy enough for beginners. Use it to make quilts, pillows, wall hangings, tote bags and more!
Perfect for beach lovers of all ages!
You get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized appliqué patterns for all the seagull parts you need – so there’s no enlarging needed
- SVG files for use with electric cutting machines
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Detailed cutting instructions for six quilt sizes.
- Videos showing the assembly of the blocks.
- Instructions for assembling the quilt – layering, basting, quilting and binding – with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
The blocks finish at 10" square. The pattern includes detailed instructions for the following sizes. . .
- Itty Bitty Baby (30 inches square)
- Crib (50" square)
- Nap (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- Twin (70" x 90")
- Queen (80" x 100")
- King (100" x 100")
This post has more info about the fabric needed for each size - Quilt Sizes and Supplies Needed.
The pattern is designed with crafters of all skill levels in mind. Simply cut out the pieces from your favorite fabrics and appliqué them onto your chosen surface for an instant burst of charm. There are videos talking you through the process, like having me in the room with you to help you out.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
If you're making a quilt in one of my standard sizes, here are recommended fabric amounts needed.
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 7 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
You'll find materials lists for additional quilt sizes here.
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive (if using my favorite appliqué with fusible adhesive technique) - I use Heat & Bond Lite for all my quilts
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may not use the designs in the pattern to create and sell an embroidery pattern, or acrylic templates of all the pieces in the pattern.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make pillows which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to sew those pillows, or if you want to have the design printed on fabric that you sew into pillows, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) email@example.com