Katie Cat| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
Meet Katie Cat! I love her stitched argyle dress and I’m especially excited about her piñata! It's so much fun to make it in felt!
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy!
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Katie, her dress, party hat and piñata. No need to enlarge anything!
- A 14-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
The finished Katie is 8 inches tall.
Easy! Much easier than it looks, and totally appropriate for beginners. It uses simple stitches and the pattern includes links to videos showing you how to do all of them. Katie the cat softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
What You Need
You'll need. . .
- 1 sheet of felt for Katie (I used Dark Orange. You can buy the lovely wool-blend felt I use here.)
- smaller pieces of felt for the dress, piñata, and hat (I used Blue Bayou, Banana Cream, Black, Fuchsia, Mac & Cheese, Kelly Green and Purple)
- embroidery thread to match the felt (I used DMC #900, 3846, 333 and 601)
- 2 4.5mm safety eyes
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 2 12″ pipecleaners
- 4 3/8″ buttons
- 4" piece of 1/4" dowel
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (AKA The Magical Embroidery Stuff – optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Heaven