Leon Lion loves to bake! He made an extra fancy cake for this party with lots of pretty swirls. He's the king of the jungle, so he wears a crown instead of a party hat like the other Party Animals.
He'd make a great birthday gift for a friend - or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting! If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
You Get. . .
- A digital PDF pattern delivered by email. Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy! (If you're not sure what a PDF is or how digital patterns work, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Leon, his clothes, his crown, and his cake. No need to enlarge anything!
- A 13-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
8 inches tall
This one's a skill builder because the Turkey work stitch I used for that shaggy mane is likely to be new to most beginners. Don't worry - it's not hard! Just a little time consuming. The pattern includes a link to a video showing how to do it. Leon the lion softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll need. . .
- 1 sheet of felt for Leon (I used Old Gold.
- smaller pieces of felt for the cake, crown, vest and pants (I used hydrangea, navy, yellow, straw and tropical wave)
- embroidery thread to match the felt (I used DMC #3371, 3820, 826, 703, 600, 498, 823, 3835, 310, 444, 745, 3858 and 996)
- two 4.5 mm safety eyes
- 1 pipecleaner
- three 1/4" black buttons
- 1 bugle bead and 1 yellow seed bead
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- four 3/8″ buttons
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (AKA The Magical Embroidery Stuff – optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Magic
Leon isn't the only Party Animal!
Find all the Party Animals patterns here.
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make softies which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to die cut all the felt pieces for you, or want to manufacture kits for this design, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org