Napoleon the Mouse| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
Meet Napoleon. He's a very small mouse - with a very big heart. Do you want to make your own Napoleon? Get ready to settle in for a bit of handsewing with lovely wool felt. Embroidering on the wool felt is a joy - a total delight for the eyes and the fingers. Plus - handsewing is portable. Take it with you to soccer games, Girl Scout meetings, you name it. It's also faster than you think. You can stitch up Napoleon just a couple of hours!
You Get. . .
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Napoleon - all laid out to print (or trace) onto freezer paper - no need to enlarge anything.
- Full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Napoleon is just under 3 inches tall. He points his nose up in the air to make himself seem taller, but it doesn’t really work.
Easy! Appropriate for beginners and kids. Can you whipstitch? Then you can do this! (Not sure if you can whipstitch? The pattern includes a link to a video showing how - and I teach the stitch to kids as young as 3. You can totally do it!)
What You'll Need
You'll need. . .
- scraps of hydrangea, white and shocking pink wool blend felt
- matching embroidery thread (DMC #3835, white and #603)
- black embroidery thread, 2 small beads, or 2 4.5 mm safety eyes
- fiberfill stuffing
- three American pennies (or other small coins)
You might also want. . .
- Printable Freezer Paper (optional - but I love it for easy printing of the pattern with no tracing)
- size #8 embroidery needle