Oddballs| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
Meet the Oddballs and get ready to settle in for a bit of handsewing with lovely wool felt. Embroidering on the wool felt is a joy - a total delight for the eyes and the fingers. Plus - handsewing is portable. Take it with you to soccer games, Girl Scout meetings, you name it. It's also faster than you think. If you skip the French knot warts you can stitch up the basic Oddball in just 2-3 hours!
Who are the Oddballs?
Byron is a warty little fellow with a sweet soul. He's ready to give you his heart. (It's warty too.) Mimi loves reading books and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but she LIVES for ballet. Floyd's favorite time of day is bedtime - as long as he has his teddy bear, his blankie and his bunny slippers. And as long as you promise to read him THREE stories.
You Get. . .
- Full-sized pattern pieces for the Oddball and all the accessories shown - no need to enlarge anything.
- A 10-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
The finished softies are 8 inches tall and they stand on their flat-bottomed feet with no props or other assistance. Cool!
Easy! Appropriate for beginners and kids. Can you whipstitch? Then you can do this! (Not sure if you can whipstitch? The pattern includes a link to a video showing how - and I teach the stitch to kids as young as 3. You can totally do it!)
What You'll Need
You'll need. . .
- one sheet of felt for each Oddball (Byron is periwinkle. Mimi is ocean kelp. Floyd is denim.)
- scraps of felt for the accessories
- matching embroidery thread, plus black or very dark brown (DMC #3371) for the faces
- stuffing (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
- plastic pellets (I use Fairfield Poly Pellets)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy - especially if you're going to make Byron and want the placement of all the French Knots marked
- Printable Freezer Paper - if you just want easy printing of the patterns with no tracing
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Heaven
- the free pattern for the Easter Eggstras - bunny ears and fancy egg