Parliament of Owls Quilt Pattern
What you get+-
This adorable owl quilt pattern is perfect for crafters looking to add a touch of whimsy to their home decor! This easy applique pattern features a variety of owl expressions, from grumpy to sleepy, that will add personality and charm to your quilt.
The pattern comes with detailed instructions, step by step photos, and video tutorials to guide you through each step of the applique process, making it easy for even the most novice sewers to create a stunning finished product. The pattern includes full-size templates for each owl, making it simple to trace or print and cut out the pieces you need.
The finished quilt will be a colorful and playful addition to any room in your home, whether you choose to display it on a wall or use it as a cozy blanket on the couch. The owls' varying expressions will charm both children and adults, making this project a great gift idea.
Made from high-quality fabrics of your choice, the quilt will be both soft and durable, providing years of enjoyment. So why wait? Start creating your own one-of-a-kind owl quilt today with this easy-to-follow pattern!
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- An owl appliqué pattern – full size so there’s no enlarging needed
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto freezer paper or fusible adhesive. No tracing! Every piece is labeled so it’s easy to assemble after you’ve cut it all apart.
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Detailed cutting instructions for crib, nap and twin sized quilts.
- Instructions for assembling the quilt – layering, basting, quilting and binding – with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
The blocks finish at 10" square. The pattern includes detailed instructions for the following sizes. . .
- crib (50" square)
- napping (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- twin (70" x 90")
I designed this quilt to teach appliqué – so it’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cute and cuddly owl quilt.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine. The pattern also includes links to videos teaching needle turn appliqué and machine appliqué with freezer paper, in case you prefer those methods.
What You Need
You'll need. . .
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in owl colors (get at least 9 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in owl colors (get at least 11 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in owl colors (get at least 22 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive (if using my favorite appliqué with fusible adhesive technique) - I recommend Lite for quilts and Featherlite for clothing
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (if you choose the machine appliqué with freezer paper technique) – either a roll from the grocery store, or this printable freezer paper