Party Time - dress, party hat and gift bag pattern
Take your dolls to a birthday party. Or host one!
This collection includes patterns for:
- the fancy party dress with rickrack trim on the sleeves and hem
- an easy polkadot party hat
- a cute kitty gift bag - just the right size to hold a real-life gift card, some candy, or another small gift.
Please note - this pattern is just for the outfit and accessories. None of the dolls you see in the photos are included. All the Dress Up Bunch dolls (except Mini Lizzie) can wear all of the Dress Up Bunch outfits and accessories.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting!
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized pattern pieces for the dress, hat and gift. No need to enlarge anything!
- Detailed instructions and lots of full-color step-by-step photos. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Fits all Dress Up Bunch dolls (dolls are 17 inches tall)
Easy! No special skills needed. Folding and pressing the pleats on the skirt takes a fair bit of time, but it's all straight lines. Not hard.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll need. . .
- 1/2 yard dress fabric
- less than 1/4 yard fabric for the belt
- 1/4 inch elastic for the dress (10 inches)
- regular and jumbo rickrack (1 pack of each)
- 1 sheet wool blend felt for the hat (I used mint leaf)
- 1 sheet wool blend felt for the gift bag (I used royal blue)
- scraps of wool felt for the polkadots (tropical wave) and cat (dark orange)
- matching embroidery thread for all felt - plus black
- scraps of ribbon for the bag handles
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make dolls and clothing which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to machine embroider the faces, or do all the stuffing for you, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org