Peekaboo Bear applique quilt pattern| Add a Review
What you get
Do you want to learn to applique? Then this is the quilt pattern for you! The pieces are nice and large and easy to work with, and it doesn't require precise positioning.
Get your toes wet by making just one block for a pillow or small wall hanging. Wade up to your knees by making 3 or 4 blocks for a larger wall hanging or stroller quilt. Go all the way in and make a bunch of blocks - enough for a big quilt!
You can also use the appliqué patterns on their own to embellish T-shirts, make tote bags, pillows and more. You can even shrink them down to use as embroidery patterns.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- An easy and adorable bear pattern – full size so there’s no enlarging needed
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto freezer paper or fusible adhesive. No tracing! Every piece is labeled so it’s easy to assemble after you’ve cut it all apart.
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Detailed cutting instructions for crib, nap and twin sized quilts.
- Instructions for assembling the quilt – layering, basting, quilting and binding – with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
The blocks finish at 10" square. The pattern includes detailed instructions for the following sizes. . .
- crib (50" square)
- napping (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- twin (70" x 90")
Super easy! I designed this quilt to teach appliqué – so it’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cute and cuddly bear quilt.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine. The pattern also includes links to videos teaching needle turn appliqué and machine appliqué with freezer paper, in case you prefer those methods.
What You Need
Want easy peasy fabric shopping?
You'll Need. . .
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- at least 7 fat quarters for bears (you may want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- at least 8 fat quarters for bears (you may want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- at least 16 fat quarters for bears
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive (if using my favorite appliqué with fusible adhesive technique) - I recommend Lite for quilts and Featherlite for clothing
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT. . .
- freezer paper (if you choose the machine appliqué with freezer paper technique) – either a roll from the grocery store, or this printable freezer paper