Peekaboo Bear applique quilt pattern
Do you want to learn to applique? Then this is the quilt pattern for you! The pieces are nice and large and easy to work with, and it doesn't require precise positioning.
Get your toes wet by making just one block for a pillow or small wall hanging. Wade up to your knees by making 3 or 4 blocks for a larger wall hanging or stroller quilt. Go all the way in and make a bunch of blocks - enough for a big quilt!
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper or fusible adhesive sheets. No shipping costs and no waiting!
With detailed instructions, step by step photos, and video tutorials, this versatile pattern is easy enough for beginners. Use it to make quilts, pillows, wall hangings, tote bags and more!
Perfect for an animal-themed nursery or kids room.
You get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- An easy and adorable bear pattern – full size so there’s no enlarging needed
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto freezer paper or fusible adhesive. No tracing! Every piece is labeled so it’s easy to assemble after you’ve cut it all apart.
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Detailed cutting instructions for crib, nap and twin sized quilts.
- Instructions for assembling the quilt – layering, basting, quilting and binding – with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
The blocks finish at 10" square. The pattern includes detailed instructions for the following sizes. . .
- crib (50" square)
- napping (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- twin (70" x 90")
Super easy! I designed this quilt to teach appliqué – so it’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cute and cuddly bear quilt.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine. The pattern also includes links to videos teaching needle turn appliqué and machine appliqué with freezer paper, in case you prefer those methods.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
If you're making a quilt in one of my standard sizes, here are recommended fabric amounts needed.
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 7 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
You'll find materials lists for additional quilt sizes here.
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive (if using my favorite appliqué with fusible adhesive technique) - I use Heat & Bond Lite for all my quilts
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may not use the designs in the pattern to create and sell an embroidery pattern, or acrylic templates of all the pieces in the pattern.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make pillows which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to sew those pillows, or if you want to have the design printed on fabric that you sew into pillows, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) email@example.com