Peekaboo Mouse Applique Pattern
What You'll Get+-
Add this little mouse to any blocks in any quilt pattern. In the photos below you can see him peeking into several blocks in the Noisy Farm quilt (he's included with that pattern), but he'd also adorable added to the Cuddly Cats quilt.
Or use him on his own - it's up to you! I think he'd look awfully cute peeking out of a pocket. :-)
Important - the pattern is only for the mouse. The cat you see on the cover is not included. He's just there to help demonstrate two ways you can use the mouse with other quilt blocks - peeking into the block from the edges, or peeking out from behind a friend.
Buy any four individual block applique patterns, get the fifth free. Discount is applied automatically. Find all the individual block patterns here.
YOU'LL GET. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Pattern for a mouse (2 1/2 inches tall).
- Full sized applique patterns so there’s no enlarging needed
- SVG file of pattern pieces for those who use cutting machines like Cricut and Silhouette.
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto fusible adhesive. No tracing!
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
The mouse finished at about 2 1/2 inches tall. You can easily enlarge or reduce the pattern to make him bigger or smaller.
Easy! Outlining the face is a little fiddly - but there's a link to a video showing how I do it all by machine using only a basic straight stitch.
What You Need+-
The mouse is small enough that you only need scraps to make him. I used Gingham Play fabrics for the demo pieces you see, with a bit of solid added for his tummy.
Love this little mouse. I am using it with the cuddly cats pattern on a quilt for my granddaughter.
I have so much fun placing the little mouse every where in the quilt. I am still working with the Noisy Farm Quilt.
Love it. I like to add it to baby quilts.
Easy, quick and cute! I used him on 16 inch toss pillows with the Cuddly Cats applique.
Very simple pattern and so many places you can applique his little face! Love all the patterns from Shiny Happy World.