Rhonda Rhino| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
Meet Rhonda Rhino! She brought a pretty balloon to the party. It's on a wrapped pipecleaner string so it's flexible and sways in the breeze - just like a real balloon!
She'd make a great birthday gift for a friend - or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy!
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Rhonda, her dress, party hat and balloon. No need to enlarge anything!
- A 16-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Rhonda is 8 inches tall (not counting her party hat). And she stands easily on her flat feet with no props or other help. You can stand her in the middle of a table!
Easy! Much easier than it looks, and totally appropriate for beginners. It uses simple stitches and the pattern includes links to videos showing you how to do all of them. Rhonda the rhino softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
What You Need
You'll need. . .
- 1 sheet of felt for Rhonda (I used Love Bug Blue. You can buy the lovely wool-blend felt I use here.)
- smaller pieces of felt for the dress, hat and balloon (I used Grape Jelly, Fuchsia, Grass Skirt and Blue Bayou)
- embroidery thread to match the felt (I used DMC #807, 550, 907, 601, 3846, 726 and white)
- 2 4.5mm safety eyes
- 1 pipecleaner
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 8 American pennies or other small coins (only included in kits shipping outside the US)
- 4 3/8″ buttons
Do you want the pattern and all the materials in one handy-dandy package? Choose the kit option.
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (AKA The Magical Embroidery Stuff – optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Heaven