Sheila the Sheep Crochet Amigurumi Pattern| Add a Review
What You Get
Meet Sheila the Sheep!
I love how round and fluffy she is!
That fluffiness is from using eyelash yarn. Eyelash yarn used to cause much swearing and many tears, but a couple of months ago I figured out a painless way to work with it. There’s a video here showing what I learned. I was so excited to try my method out on this sheep and I’m so thrilled with how it turned out! I especially love that bit at the top of her head.
Sheila measures about 7 inches tall and 10 inches long when completed with a worsted weight yarn.
This is a digital pattern delivered instantly by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
Supplies you'll need. . .
- crochet hook (size determined by yarn)
- two colors of worsted weight yarn - less than a skein of each. The sample uses Vanna's Choice in white and heather grey.
- one skein of eyelash yarn - the sample uses Lion Brand Fun Fur in white.
- one pair of 18 mm oval comic eyes (can substitute a pair of 12 mm black craft eyes
- 20 mm black oval nose
- polyester stuffing
- tapestry needle
- locking stitch markers (to count stitches and rounds)
Sheila is skill stretcher pattern. The shapes she's made from are very simple - but you will be crocheting all over the surface with the eyelash yarn, which will be a new skill for most. She's best tackled if you've already made one or two amigurumi.
These are the skills you'll need. . .
- single crochet
- attaching limbs and other parts
- surface crochet with eyelash yarn
Don't worry - the PDF pattern has links to videos teaching you all the skills you'll need! And it contains progress photos of all the important steps, so you won’t get lost. :-)