Violet - One of The Dress Up Bunch
Meet Violet. She's a cuddly rag doll who loves to watch fireworks and splash in mud puddles. Her favorite book is The Penderwicks. Her favorite flower is violets (of course, silly). Her favorite color is purple - every shade of purple.
Violet can share clothes with everyone else in The Dress Up Bunch. Fun! She has weighted hands and feet for excellent flop, arms and legs that will go in any direction for great play and easy dressability, and she's cute as a button! She's also very easy to make.
Please note - this pattern is just for the doll. None of the clothes you see in the photos are included, but there's a free pattern here for Play Clothes (a shirt and pair of shorts), and one here for an easy skirt.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting!
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- full-sized pattern for Violet – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project
All the Dress Up Bunch dolls (except Mini Lizzie) can wear all of the Dress Up Bunch outfits and accessories.
Violet is 17 inches tall from head to toe – 11 inches when sitting.
Violet is very easy to make – a great project for beginners. All the parts are nice and roomy for easy turning and stuffing, they all tuck easily inside the body for the final assembly, and there’s a nice straight back seam for turning and stuffing that’s easy to sew up by hand. If you know how to use your sewing machine you can make Violet.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll Need. . .
- 1/2 yard skin-colored fabric
- 1 sheet wool felt (Violet's hair is grape jelly)
- black embroidery thread for the face
- plastic pellets (I like PolyPellets Weighted Stuffing Beads)
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 9 mm safety eyes
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make dolls and clothing which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to machine embroider the faces, or do all the stuffing for you, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) email@example.com