Woodland Critters Quilt Pattern
What you get+-
This applique quilt pattern features adorable animal faces that will bring a touch of whimsy to any bedroom, nursery or living room. Forest animals work everywhere!
The pattern includes instructions for fourteen different animals:
Each animal has its own unique personality, with sweet facial expressions and charming details. And there's a video showing how to assemble each block!
The pattern also includes templates and instructions for four trees and six mushrooms, and a link to a free alphabet pattern so you can further personalize your project.
The appliques are easy to cut out and attach to your quilt using fusible adhesive, making this a great project for quilters of all skill levels. The finished quilt will be a treasured addition to a woodland or forest themed nursery, and a gorgeous addition to a cabin or home in the woods.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized animal, tree, and mushroom appliqué patterns – so there’s no enlarging needed (plus alternate layouts using this free alphabet pattern)
- SVG files for use with electric cutting machines
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto freezer paper or fusible adhesive. No tracing! Every piece is labeled so it’s easy to assemble after you’ve cut it all apart.
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Detailed cutting instructions for six quilt sizes.
- Videos showing the assembly of each block - both with and without a lightbox.
- Instructions for assembling the quilt – layering, basting, quilting and binding – with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
The blocks finish at 10" square. The pattern includes detailed instructions for the following sizes. . .
- Itty Bitty Baby (30 inches square)
- Crib (50" square)
- Nap (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- Twin (70" x 90")
- Queen (80" x 100")
- King (100" x 100")
This post has more info about the fabric needed for each size - Quilt Sizes and Supplies Needed.
I designed this quilt to teach appliqué – so it’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cute and cuddly woodland critters quilt.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine. The pattern also includes links to videos teaching needle turn appliqué and machine appliqué with freezer paper, in case you prefer those methods.
Great pattern soo many options to be creative
Using so critters in a baby quilt right now
I love Wendi’s patterns. I have many of them. I make and donate NICU
Quilts and they great!
Thank you for sending the pattern. I was so taken by it and had to buy it. Thank you!!
Woodland critters are so cute
Instant pdf download was simple and quick!