Woodland Critters Quilt Pattern| Add a Review
What you get
You have two choices for this pattern. If you click the Add to Cart button you'll get one of my PDF patterns - complete with links to video tutorials teaching you every skill you'll need to make the quilt.
You're other option is to click here for the full online class for this pattern through the amazing Craftsy platform.
For a complete description of the Craftsy class, click on that link. :-)
The following description applies to the PDF pattern only.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- 12 fun animal, tree, and mushroom appliqué patterns – full size so there’s no enlarging needed (plus alternate layouts using this free alphabet pattern)
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto freezer paper or fusible adhesive. No tracing! Every piece is labeled so it’s easy to assemble after you’ve cut it all apart.
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Detailed cutting instructions for crib, nap and twin sized quilts.
- Instructions for assembling the quilt – layering, basting, quilting and binding – with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
The blocks finish at 10" square. The pattern includes detailed instructions for the following sizes. . .
- crib (50" square)
- napping (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- twin (70" x 90")
I designed this quilt to teach appliqué – so it’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cute and cuddly woodland critters quilt.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine. The pattern also includes links to videos teaching needle turn appliqué and machine appliqué with freezer paper, in case you prefer those methods.
Are you a shop owner? This pattern is available through UpCraft Club. Click here for more info.
What You Need
Want easy peasy fabric shopping?
You'll need. . .
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in animal colors (get at least 4 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in animal colors (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in animal colors (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive (if using my favorite appliqué with fusible adhesive technique) - I recommend Lite for quilts and Featherlite for clothing
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (if you choose the machine appliqué with freezer paper technique) – either a roll from the grocery store, or this printable freezer paper